Powered by SparktechView Winners
- 01 Jan 1970short list
- 01 Jan 1970presentations
- 07 Dec 2016application deadline
- 10 Dec 2016event
- 12 Dec 2016winners announcement
- 04 Aug 2020today
Is a machine learning hackathon even possible? Sparktech proved it is… 12 hours and 1 truly remarkable challenge pushing research, knowledge, teamwork, strategy, coding to the very limits. Amazing people, intense competition, great energy, sheer excitement. I enthusiastically recommend the Sparktech hackathon to everyone ready to compete, conquer and prove their best!
Research hackathon in Machine Learning
The art of progress lies in the power of extracting sparks from common things. Get ready to see what everybody else sees and textract what nobody else has thought!
The challenge was to mine through this massive amount of data from the same field and make a compelling visual presentation of your visionary perspective on the information you gather.
The best solutions were rewarded with prizes worth a total value of up to 1500 USD.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD students
- Fresh graduates
The University of Bucharest – Faculty Of Mathematics And Computer Science (Bulevardul Regina Elisabeta 4-12)
- Form a team of max. 3 participants and sign up. Don’t forget to choose a name for your team!
- Bring your laptops. We’ll provide 220 and WiFi.
- Knowledge is power, but enthusiasm pulls the switch. Let yours be contagious! Roll-up your sleeves and get ready!
- We’ll bring more details on the topic along with pizza & drinks.
- Mine. Extract. Connect the dots.
- Take time to prepare & present what you discovered in a clear & visual way at the end of the day.
10th of December 2016
08:30 – 09:00Welcome! (setup, say “Hi!”)
09:00 – 09:30Additional info (theme, rules etc.)
09:30 – 14:00Focus time! (part one)
14:00 – 14:30Pick your topping, it’s pizza time!
14:30 – 20:00Focus time! (part two)
20:00Time to present your work!
Prize: 1100 USD gross value.
Prize: 400 USD gross value.
You get a collection of scientific papers from the same domain, but different timespans. What we want to discover is how much information you can extract so that you end up bringing some spark to the domain.
We value the quality of your research with a focus on your vision and the creative angles you approach this challenge. The idea(l) is to enjoy uncovering different perspectives on the same input which will be shared with all participants.
Here are some pointers to get you started:
- What are the hot topics at different moments of time?
- How can you find the specific topics of the papers by using topic modeling
- How can you visualise which organisation the authors of the papers belong to?
- How can you find the most influential academic institutions in the domain?
- What about the nationalities of the authors? Mark that the nationality of an author is not necessarily related with his affiliation.