Software Engineer (Python)
Bucharest, RomaniaApply Here
What you’re going to do
- Design, develop and maintain complex, high performance and adaptive applications that can interface with other Python applications and/or REST APIs
- Write clean, well engineered, maintainable code that conforms with accepted standards
- Develop quality code through unit and functional testing
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings
- Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads and team members
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
What we’re looking for
We are looking for assertive, energetic and creative people to join our team. Passion is the difference between having a job and having a career. Choose your path!
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. Apart from the support of your technical lead, independent research will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards software development will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in Python development;
- Good knowledge of OOP principles;
- Good knowledge of Python and commonly used packages;
- Knowledge of RESTful concepts;
- Knowledge of parallelization and its caveats;
- Knowledge and/or experience with any of the following is a plus:
- GitLab and CI/CD pipelines;
- Relational databases;
- Docker and Kubernetes;
- Working with cloud platforms;
- Experience with version control software (preferably Git);
- Experience with Agile methodologies;
- Perseverance in dealing with new and difficult challenges;
- Good English skills (written and spoken).