Bucharest, RomaniaApply Here
What you’re going to do
- Maintain and streamline the automated build and release pipeline from automated testing to deploying releases to multiple environments;
- Facilitate the quick resolution of problems found during the release and deployment efforts;
- Create and maintain documentation of the build/release process (including Deployment, Runbooks);
- Investigate tools and processes and integrate them so that they can improve the reliability, stability and efficiency of our project releases;
- Work closely with the development teams to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements;
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio of projects;
- Generate Weekly Release Reporting for management;
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required;
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists;
- Linux troubleshooting and continuous integration scripting;
- Manage code repository, improve practices of branching and code merge.
What we’re looking for
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation, ranging from your strong track record of learning new tools and technologies to refining your personal soft skills. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. Your demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion will empower you to perform in a fast-paced environment where iterative changes may need to go out in rapid succession. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your effective analytical skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. We count on your desire to improve existing processes in order to allow for faster iterations. Performing independently, with little supervision, will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your strong passion for delivering a quality experience to customers will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of previous experience in release management including build and release of online services
Advanced knowledge of the SDLC
- Strong knowledge in writing documentation involved in the build/release process
- Fair programming skills: ability to read and understand code, as well as develop necessary tools. Experience with developing web applications and services using Python, Java, Ruby, NodeJS, or C# is a plus
- Experience with Shell scripting and container technologies such as Docker. Comfortable with at least one configuration management system (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Good understanding of monitoring and alerting systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux Servers (including RedHat / CentOS)
- Strong knowledge of source control management (git) and tools
- Knowledge of automated testing and experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Good English skills (written and spoken)