Machine Learning Engineer Intern
Bucharest, RomaniaApply Here
What you’re going to do
- Assess, analyse and propose optimal approach to solve specific problems, by leveraging different algorithms and machine learning solutions;
- Work with a broad range of machine learning techniques, from supervised (SVM, Neural Networks, Naive Bayes, Decision Trees, etc.) to unsupervised learning (Clustering, Topic Modeling, etc.);
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments;
- Apply computational algorithms and statistical methods to unstructured data;
- Code deliverables in sync with the development team;
- Combine analytic methods with advanced data visualizations;
- Write clean, well engineered, maintainable code that conforms with accepted standards;
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings;
- Work with talented and determined engineers and architects to shape the future of machine learning solutions;
- Discover continuous learning opportunities in your everyday activity.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for assertive, energetic and creative people to join our team. Passion is the difference between having a job and having a career. Choose your path!
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. Apart from the support of your dedicated mentor, independent research will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards machine learning will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- In-depth algorithms and data structures knowledge;
- Final year in BS/MS in Computer Science represents a plus;
- Experience with Python; additional experience with one of the following languages: Scala, Java is considered a plus;
- Experience with any natural language processing toolkits: Wordnet, Stanford NLP, Open NLP, Mallet, Mahout, NLTK, etc. is a plus;
- Any experience in image processing / computer vision is considered a plus;
- Working on a PhD degree / having contributions to an open source project represents an advantage;
- Interest in machine-learning applications and willingness to be very hands-on to develop new applications and algorithms;
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus;
- Good English skills (written and spoken)