Bucharest, RomaniaApply Here
What you’re going to do
- Ensure provisioning and system administration for our production and staging environments (CentOS, Apache, Nginx, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Ruby on Rails stack)
- Support our development process: automated testing, continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Analyse and resolve technical problems in a highly available infrastructure
- Guarantee system availability and security (production and staging environments), analyze and fix disturbances in operations
- Make automatic installations, as well as warning and monitoring of diverse services
- Manage user and authorisation administration
What we’re looking for
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. The secret ingredient to succeed in a rapidly expanding environment is to be highly organized and able to balance multiple simultaneous projects. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. Performing independently, with little supervision, will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards system administration and infrastructure will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years experience with Linux system administration (CentOS/RedHat/Fedora)
- Shell scripting (bash, sed, awk, grep etc)
- Experience with AWS (Hadoop is a plus)
- Experience with web server configurations (Apache, Nginx) as well as RDBMS (PostgreSQL) and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Configuration Management (Puppet/Ansible/Chef)
- Experience with Nagios/Icinga/Graphite
- Experience with design/deployment of various services for high availability and high traffic
- Experience with various firewall solutions
- Good English skills (written and spoken)