Cloud Engineer (Python)
Bucharest / RemoteApply Here
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
- Develop and maintain complex, high performance and adaptive Python cloud applications that might need to interface with other applications and/or REST APIs;
- Work closely with the DevOps team to develop and maintain an automated pipeline for deploying our applications to the cloud infrastructure;
- Write clean, well engineered, maintainable code, that conforms with accepted standards;
- Maintain the resilience of the codebase through unit and functional testing;
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings;
- Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads and team members;
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion;
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. Whatever the (technical) problem, rely on your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will come from your attention to detail and drive to do better than last time. Apart from the support of your technical lead, independent research will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards software development will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- 2+ years of work experience as a Python Developer;
- 1+ year(s) of work experience with Amazon Web Services (but experience with other cloud providers is a welcome bonus);
- Experience with relational databases and data warehousing tools (bonus if they are cloud-based tools, such as Athena, RDS, or DynamoDB)
- Good knowledge of OOP principles;
- Knowledge of RESTful concepts;
- Knowledge and/or experience with any of the following is a plus:
- GitLab and CI/CD pipelines;
- Frequently used Python packages such as pandas, numpy, sqlalchemy, flask, etc
- Parallel and distributed computing;
- Big data frameworks and tools, such as Spark;
- Docker and Kubernetes;
- Working with Linux;
- Working in an Agile environment;
- Experience with version control software (preferably Git);
- Perseverance in dealing with new and difficult challenges;
- Good English skills (written and spoken).
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re open to a hybrid working system, where employees can tailor their schedule, choosing between WFH and time spent at the office, according to their needs and preferences.
Our benefits package includes:
- a monthly amount dedicated to Wellbeing needs
- a monthly subscription to Medical Services
- 21 vacation days / year; extra vacation days after 2 years within the company
- 3 personal days / year
- referral bonuses
- access to learning platforms for continuous self development
- Relax room | team buildings according to ongoing pandemic restrictions