Big Data Developer
Bucharest, RomaniaApply Here
What you’re going to do
- Implement complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms
- Design, develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions, built on large-scale data processing systems
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions
- Write clean, well engineered, maintainable code that conforms with accepted standards
- Develop quality code through unit and functional testing
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings
- Work with talented and determined engineers and designers to shape the future of big data solutions
- Discover continuous learning opportunities in your everyday activity
- Add your own mix of flavors to our dynamic and innovative team
- Connect with passionate people in our open and friendly environment.
What we’re looking for
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. The secret ingredient to succeed in a rapidly expanding environment is to be highly organized and able to balance multiple simultaneous projects. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. Performing independently, with little supervision, will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards big data will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in software development and database concepts, in general
- Experience in object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns, preferably with Java
- Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of key data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Familiar with Hadoop / Hive / HBase / Pig; Spark and AWS EMR as a plus.
- Good knowledge of data warehousing solutions
- Good ability to familiarise with unknown code in order to analyse and improve it.
- Experience with version control software (preferably Git)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good English skills (written and spoken)