Big Data Developer Intern
Bucharest, RomaniaApply Here
What you’re going to do
- Work on a data science project with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms;
- Design, develop and test big data solutions, built on large-scale data processing systems;
- Work with components from the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, HDFS, HBASE, Hive, Kafka) using AWS EMR and/or Azure HDInsights;
- Write clean, well engineered, maintainable code that conforms with accepted standards;
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings;
- Work with talented and determined engineers and architects to shape the future of web and mobile solutions;
- Discover continuous learning opportunities in your everyday activity.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for assertive, energetic and creative people to join our team. Passion is the difference between having a job and having a career. Choose your path!
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. Apart from the support of your dedicated mentor, independent research will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards big data will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- Software development and database concepts, in general;
- Good knowledge of key data structures and algorithms;
- Object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns concepts (experience with Java / Scala / Python a plus);
- Understanding of distributed computing principles is plus;
- Experience with version control software (preferably Git) is a plus;
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus;
- Good English skills (written and spoken).