Backend Developer (RoR)
Bucharest, RomaniaApply Here
What you’re going to do
- Design, develop and maintain complex, high performance and adaptive web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Write clean, well engineered, maintainable code that conforms with accepted standards
- Develop quality code through unit and functional testing
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings
- Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads etc.
- Support the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
What we’re looking for
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. The secret ingredient to succeed in a rapidly expanding environment is to be highly organized and able to balance multiple simultaneous projects. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. Performing independently, with little supervision, will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards web development will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related discipline;
- 3+ years experience with web/software development in general;
- 2+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails;
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL);
- Very good knowledge of JSON, REST, HTTP protocol, Web Services;
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, AJAX, SASS/LESS;
- Experience with version control software (preferably Git);
- As a plus, it would be nice to have experience with:
- Node.js or Socket.io;
- multiple backend development frameworks;
- NoSQL databases (Redis/MongoDB).
- Experience with Agile methodologies;
- Good English skills (written and spoken).